- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Opioid Overdose. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/index.html. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- The American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP) Fact Sheet. American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians website. http://nasper.org/Documents/FactSheet-DrugAbuse-2011.pdf. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- State prescription drug monitoring programs. Office of Diversion Control website. http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/faq/rx_monitor.htm. Drug Enforcement Administration website. Updated June 2016. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- Prescription drug monitoring frequently asked questions (FAQ). Brandeis University. Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Training and Technical Assistance Center website. http://www.pdmpassist.org/content/prescription-drug-monitoring-frequently-asked-questions-faq. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- U.S. State Prescribing Rates, 2016. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/maps/rxstate2016.html. Updated July 31, 2017. Accessed March 23, 2018.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Prescription Opioid Overdose Data. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/overdose.html. Accessed March 30, 2018.
- Why guidelines for primary care providers? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/pdf/guideline_infographic-a.pdf. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality. Results From the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed Tables. https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015.pdf. Published September 2016. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- Hedegaard H, Warner M, Miniño AM. Drug Overdose Deaths in the United States, 1999-2016. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db294.pdf. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Drug Overdose Death Data. https://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/data/statedeaths.html. Accessed March 22, 2018.
- Jones CM. Heroin use and heroin use risk behaviors among nonmedical users of prescription opioid pain relievers—United States, 2002-2004 and 2008-2010. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013;132(1-2):95-100.
*The Partnership for Drug-Free Kids wishes to acknowledge that this work was supported by the US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, under grant number 2U18FD004593-06. The content is solely the responsibility of the Partnership and does not necessarily represent the official views of the US Food and Drug Administration.